- Upper Intermediate
- Speaking & Pronunciation
- Reading & Writing
Elective ClassesEvery Wednesday from 9.00 to 14:30 students in the General English course (Intermediate and above) do a full day elective course. This gives you a change of learning environment and allows you to direct your studies toward your own interests or goals
- Grammar and Writing (4weeks)
- Listening and Speaking (4weeks)
- Canadian Studies (4weeks)
- Work Skills (4weeks)
- Accent Reduction (8weeks)
- English for Test Preparation (4weeks)
At a later stage we will introduce the following elective classes: TOEIC/TOEFL, Film and Media, Business English and Barista Basics.
SELC Intensive Plus ProgramIn addition to Morning and Intensive English programs we will be offering students a 25-hour Intensive Plus English program including one hour supervised tutorials and Conversation and Fluency Clinic as follows:
14:30 to 15:30
Intensive Plus tutorial
(facilitated by an instructor)
14:30 to 15:30
Conversation and Fluency Clinic
Program Admission RequirementsThe aim of the Intensive English Language Program is to provide English as a Second Language Learners at an Elementary, Pre-intermediate, Intermediate, Upper Intermediate or Advanced level with the fundamental skills necessary to be able to use English confidently and effectively in a variety of situations. This course gives equal importance to all skills such as; Grammar, Vocabulary, Pronunciation, Speaking, Writing, Listening and Reading. Lessons are focused as well as varied and provide students with a range of engaging topics, tasks and activities that offers students a sense of fluidity and progress.
At the end of the day students attend a combined Conversation and Error Correction class. This course is designed to provide students with the necessary skills to communicate in an intelligible manner. The error correction component of this course is consisted of speaking, pronunciation and grammar activities. The aim of this course is to help students improve their overall speaking skills by providing ongoing individualized/collective immediate feedback all throughout the designated activities. Upon the completion of this course, students will gain the necessary level of confidence to express themselves more freely and at the same time improve their fluency, accuracy and pronunciation skills.
No prerequisite required to enter Elementary General English
Successful completion of Elementary General English and/or the student’s current level must be assessed at a Pre-intermediate level on intake day.
Successful completion of Pre-Intermediate General English and/or the student’s current level must be assessed at an Intermediate level on intake day.
- Upper Intermediate
Successful completion of Intermediate General English and/or the student’s current level must be assessed at an Upper Intermediate level on intake day.
Successful completion of Upper Intermediate General English and/or the student’s current level must be assessed at an Advanced level on intake day.
For your information, you can find our pricelist below. Don’t be shy about contacting us to get more information about special promotions.
|Materials Fee||$80 (1-8wks), $160 (9-16wks), $240 (17-24wks), $250 (25wks+)|
|Start Dates||Every Monday|
|Price per week||Morning English|
|Intensive Plus English|
|2 – 4 weeks||$320||$360||$395|
|5 – 8 weeks||$300||$345||$380|
|9 – 16 weeks||$290||$325||$360|
|17 – 24 weeks||$270||$315||$340|
|25 – 32 weeks||$270||$295||$330|
- A student may be entitled to a refund of tuition fees in the event that:
- The student provides written notice to the institution that he or she is withdrawing from the program; or
- The institution provides written notice to the student advising that the student has been dismissed from the program.
- The written notice of withdrawal or dismissal may be delivered in any manner provided that a receipt or other verification is available that indicates the date on which the notice is delivered.
- The notice of withdrawal or dismissal is deemed to be effective from the date it is delivered.
- The refund to which a student is entitled is calculated on the total tuition fees due under the contract. Where total tuition fees have not yet been collected, the institution is not responsible for refunding more than has been collected to date and a student may be required to make up for monies due under the contract.
- If the institution has received fees in excess of the amount it is entitled to under the student contract, the excess amount must be refunded.
- Refund policy for students:
(a) Refunds before the program of study begins:
- If written notice of withdrawal is received by the institution within 7 days after the contract is made, and before the commencement of the period of instruction specified in the contract, the institution may retain 5% of the total tuition and fees due under the contract to a maximum of $250.
- If written notice of withdrawal is received by the institution 30 days or more before the commencement of the period of instruction specified in the contract and more than 7 days after the contract was made, the institution may retain 10% of total tuition only due under the contract to a maximum of $1000.
- If written notice of withdrawal is received by the institution less than 30 days before the commencement of the period of instruction specified in the contract, and more than 7 days after the contract was made, the institution may retain 20% of the total tuition only, due under the contract to a maximum of $1300.
(b) Refunds after the program of study starts:
- If written notice of withdrawal is received by the institution or a student is dismissed before 10% of the period of instruction specified in the contract has elapsed, the institution may retain 30% of the tuition due under the contract.
- If written notice of withdrawal is received by the institution, or a student is dismissed after 10% and before 30% of the period of instruction specified in the contract has elapsed, the institution may retain 50% of the tuition due under the contract.
- If a student withdraws or is dismissed after 30% of the period of instruction specified in the contract has elapsed, no refund is required.
- Where a student did not meet the institutional and/or program specific minimum requirements for admission through no misrepresentation or fault of their own, the institution must refund all tuition and fees paid under the contract, less the applicable non-refundable student application or registration fee.
- Where a student withdraws or is dismissed from their program, they are entitled to 100% refund of any as-yet to be received consumables that have been pre-paid.
- Where a student withdraws or is dismissed from their program after receiving technical equipment from the institution free of charge:
- The student must return the equipment unopened or as issued within 14 calendar days; and
- If the student fails to return the equipment as set out above, the institution may deduct the reasonable cost of the equipment from any amount to be refunded to the student.
- Refunds owed to students must be paid within 30 days of the institution receiving written notification of withdrawal and all required supporting documentation, or within 30 days of an institution’s written notice of dismissal.
- Where the delivery of the program of study is through home study or distance education, refunds must be based on the percent of the program of study completed at the rates as set out in Section 6 above.
- Textbooks / material fees are non-refundable.
- Tuition fees are not transferable to another person.
- No refunds will be made for classes missed due to exams, excursions, or other obligations that fall outside the normal schedule of classes.
- SELC reserves the right to deny you access to SELC’s premises and to withdraw its other services if your conduct disrupts the normal operation of the school. SELC’s dispute and resolution processes do not circumscribe your right to pursue other legal remedies.
- SELC reserves the right to cancel a course if numbers are insufficient upon the arrival of the student. In the unlikely event that SELC is unable to deliver your course in full, you will be offered a refund of all course money you have paid to date. The refund will be paid to you within 2 weeks of the day on which the course ceased being provided. Alternatively, you may be offered enrollment in an alternative course by SELC at no extra cost to you. You have the right to choose whether you would prefer a full refund of course fees, or to accept a place in another course. If you choose placement in another course, we will ask you to sign a document to indicate that you accept the placement.
Students who enroll in a language program which is six months or less in duration or for which tuition is less than $4,000 may not make a claim against the Student Tuition Protection Fund, which is managed by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training. Further, this language program may not have been reviewed nor approved by the PTIB.
For more information about programs that do not require approval by the PTIB please visit https://www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca/.