(20 hours per week- face to face plus 5 hours test practice)
Course length: 2 – 24 weeks
Intermediate & Advanced Levels
- Intermediate: entry level IELTS 4.5; students aim for IELTS 5.5
- Upper Intermediate/Advanced: entry level IELTS 5.5+; students aim for IELTS 6.5+
- The IELTS Preparation course is for students who need to prepare for the IELTS test. Students improve their language proficiency and test-taking techniques through skills development and graded test practice, focusing on each module and key task types. SELC is an authorised pre-test centre, enabling students to gain practice using authentic IELTS materials.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) measures your ability to communicate in English across all four language skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking and is for people who intend to study or work where English is the language of communication. Candidates may choose either the Academic Module or the General Training Module:
The Academic Module is intended for those wishing to enrol in universities and other institutions of higher education.
General Training Module
The General Training Module is for those planning to undertake non-academic training or gain work experience, or is taken for immigration purposes.
The SELC IELTS Preparation Course focuses on the Academic Module and features:
- Detailed analysis of the test format and task types for Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Guided practice using IELTS question types for Listening and Reading
- Exercises matching the requirements of the marking criteria for Speaking and Writing
- Intensive study of key areas of vocabulary and grammar of IELTS-related topics
- Practice IELTS tests every 2 weeks